The farm kitchen features many items which were found in the kitchens of the past including a Hoosier style cabinet, Daisy butter churn, Victorian lantern, food press, and supplies for home canning of foods.
This buggy was donated to the museum from the Helton family in memory of George and Velma Helton. It had been in the family for many years. The colors are original. The front seat was reupholstered and new fenders were made at an Amish buggy shop.
Some of the more interesting pieces in the farm yard exhibit are the horsedrawn planter and the Vulcan plow, manufactured at Evansville, IN.
This field cradle was donated by the Mowatt and Hayes families. A woman would take her small child outdoors wherever she was working to sleep or play in the cradle while she did her outdoor work. Notice the handle to pull it and the wheels at the other end.
This buggy was restored during the winter of 2010-2011 by museum volunteers with the assistance of an Amish buggy shop. It belonged to Otto Fearheiley (b. 1895 d. 1980) and was donated by his daughter Nancy Kolb. Otto used the buggy when he was courting his wife. It has become a permanent part of the Rural Remembrances exhibit. Money for the restoration came from museum memberships and donations.